Anna is a member of the Australian Feldenkrais Guild & a Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner. She is available for one to one sessions & workshops.
The Feldenkrais Method is an educational system centred on movement, aiming to expand and refine the use of the self through awareness. It is intended for those who wish to improve their movement repertoire (performers, musicians, artists), as well as those wishing to reduce pain or limitations in movement, and many who want to improve their general well-being and personal development. Because it uses movement as the primary vehicle for gaining awareness, it is directly applicable to issues that arise from restricted or habitually poor movement. But as a process for gaining awareness, it can expand a person’s choices and responses to many aspects of life. The Feldenkrais Method was originated by Dr Moshe Feldenkrais (1904-1984), a Ukrainian-born physicist & judo practitioner.
The Feldenkrais Method is applied in two forms by practitioners: Awareness Through Movement and one to one Functional Integration sessions.
Quotes from Moshe Feldenkrais:
– ‘Movement is life. Life is a process. Improve the quality of the process and you improve the quality of life itself.’
– ‘If you know what you are doing, you can do what you want.’
– ‘What I am after is more flexible minds, not just more flexible bodies’
Please contact Anna, as she will tailor lessons & workshops according to your needs
– One to one sessions
– Physical Theatre – for professional, community and student performers
– PlayMoves – Movement Workshop for Performance
– PlayMoves for everyone
Workshops 2019: Wake Up! A Feldenkrais Inspired Sequence Wake Up! Brisbane March 29-31, 2019 and Malanda Wake Up April 13-14. 2019 and PlayMoves Public July 13, 2019 and Winter PlayMoves for Performers July 6-7 2019